Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Travel Throwback: Québec City ( Tutto Gelato )

I didn't know how much gelato I could eat over the course of two days. 

Our trip to Quebec City was already a whole year ago. 365 days I was probably traversing Riviere du Loup, Quebec and with some of the coolest people I have ever met. Participants of the 2014 Explore program are talking to me about their experiences so far and I'm always grateful to have experienced it and was able to pass on the message of an awesome program to my friends. I just received a post card from Tadoussac, Quebec from my friend who is currently in Riviere du Loup and all the photos she posts on Facebook never fail to strike me with The Feels. I'm psyched they're having such cool adventures, even if I'm not there to join them. Regardless, someone has to scoop ice cream all summer! 

And now speaking of ice cream, let's talk gelato. In my summer induced craze, I took every waking opportunity of this short trip to consume as much gelato as humanely possible. It was wild and very delicious.

Before I went gelato-crazy, we spent the day exploring Montromancy Falls then were taken to Vieux Quebec for the evening. It was a long day of sun, hiking, stairs, hiking, and definitely stairs. 





Here's the interior of the shop Tutto Gelato that was recommended by my proffeseur. He used to live in Quebec City for some time so his recommendations were nothing short of fantastic.   


At 716 Rue Saint-Jean, Quebec City, here's the sign that pokes out from antique cobblestone buildings and proceeds to lure you into their icy, sugary, and very delicious trap.


On my first encounter I only ordered a single flavour which was Frutti di Bosco, or field berry gelato that includes strawberry, blackberry and blueberry. Definitely it was delicious and tasted very fresh. I'm definitely a fruity gelato eater, so I thoroughly enjoyed this while strolling down Rue Saint-Jean with my lovely adventure companion Rebecca whom I also happen to miss dearly. 



Another day, another gelato. Today was kiwi and pair gelato together. Although the kiwi was delicious the pear flavour left more to be desired. 



They also served these very cute gelato pops that were coated in chocolate. 

Now summer just constantly calls for gelato. 

1 comment:

  1. I remember this place!!!!! Ahh the nostalgia! Tu me manques aussi! If you want some REALLY good gelato, we'll have to make a trip to Europe someday. I've had excellent gelato in both Germany and France, and I bet the gelato in Italy is even better!

    ReplyDelete