Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Big City Dessert [ Millie + Berry Mix, Toronto ]

Here's part two of the Burgernator Downtown Adventure

On the hunt for dessert, we wandered around sunny Kensington Market. This is the "Brae (Bro+Bae in one) Toronto Adventure" from a whole year ago! Brae Toronto Adventure 2014 is very, VERY soon, so I'll be able to post even more of our adventures. Maybe we'll have some repeats because that parfait down there is killing me. 

ONTO THE ADVENTURE! 


Not that I particularly remember what the contents were, this picture truly is enough to send me back. A stick of pocky was stolen before the photo was taken, but Millie Creperie is a little shop serving the sweetest (ha ha what a pun) fusion of French and Japanese cuisine. Check out their yelp page in the link! Hopefully we can try some of their savoury menu items as well. From the reviews, it sounds awesome. 

Next we went to Tutti Frutti which I believe has actually closed down since our visit! There were just too many self-serve frozen yogurt establishments to compete with. Mississauga recently opened it's first froyo location, so everyday has become a battle of "froyo or frono." 



I'm estatic to have developed this simple tradition with such a cool dude. Two years ago, we went to down town Toronto with our art class to this area and although we weren't the closest people, somehow we got through the day and survived on our own. Maybe it had to do with that cat we met. I still have the sketches from that day too! Oh look how far we've come. Once again, there's another soul I'll miss profusely in the upcoming academic year. Can you guys sense the motif? 



I'll see you in the next post. Thank you again for reading and keeping up.

No comments:

Post a Comment