Thursday, July 24, 2014

Eggplant Parmesean

I don't like eggplant.

Yet I bought an eggplant; on sale for fifty-nine cents.

Obviously said eggplant had to be put to use.





Since I was already on a free-styling roll with my apple filled croissant turnovers and had a mad craving for Italian food, this was probably the best idea I could have come up with.

This is something I like to prepare on the weekend when I know there's a busy week up ahead. All the prep work includes in slicing and breading the eggplant (flour, egg wash, breadcrumbs) then layering them in wax paper and freezing them. Simple and done.

When it;s time to eat, I just layer tomato sauce and cheese on top and bake it at 350F for about 20-25 minutes. Once the cheese is melted and beginning to brown, it's ready.


These are awesome with pasta, or on its own with some vegetables on the side or in a sandwich. Nothing quite beats a super versatile meal that's super simple to prepare. 

No comments:

Post a Comment