Sunday, August 16, 2015

Amsterdam Brewery by the Lake








Join me for the journey of a lot of food and only a very mild amount of alcohol. 






We enjoyed our early dinner by the water at the Queens Quay restaurant. The wait didn't feel long due to our too-loud conversations waiting in line.  The entire patio has a gorgeous view of the lake where we got to watch white people aboard their boats and dream about what it's like to have a boat and be white. 



Lovely, bespectacled friends and my Summer Ravioli dish ($15).

One day I was brace myself to inform the server that my food was undercooked. The edges of the ravioli were still firm , but the filling and sauce was delicious.  


Fish tacos, $12 for three. After Seven Lives in Kensington Market, I can never look at fish tacos the same way again. Every taco I consume wants to be fresh and double-tortilla'd and smothered in pico de gallo. 


Here's what $15 worth of tacos at Seven Lives looks like compared to the $12 tacos. 


Smoke House Burger, $15. 

A decent portion with a price that suits the kind of restaurant we visited. The fries were average and even forgettable. Some days I'm completely over the gourmet burger frenzy, but other days I crave Burgers Priest like nothing else. 


Brewmaster's Sausage Pizza, $17

Despite all my harsh thoughts on the food, the company was perfect especially chatting away on a warm, summer evening by the lake about the future of tinder. Nothing could ever change how important that weird summer in 2013 is to me. 

I realize I don't write as much in my posts, but I like having a record of snapshots of adventure to hopefully look back and re-live the serenity of ordering alcohol for my underage friend by the lake. 




Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment