Sunday, August 16, 2015

Localista, Food Truck


At an Earth Date event, I got the chance to try Localista, which is a Toronto based food truck that serves a variety of sandwiches and snacks.




We won two $10 vouchers for the food truck upon answering a trivia question on recycling and Earth day. Everything on their menu is $10 so we basically got a $20 food truck lunch for free which is always exciting!

I was debating between a meatball sub (which I regret not ordering) and the kimchi bao burger.


The sandwich had fried pork belly (unfortunately dry), home made kimchi (not spicy), slaw, and spicy aioli. The sheer volume of bread made it quite hard to eat, I barely finished it. I wish there was more sauce because eating so much bao made the entire sandwich really dry. Not the best, but I have high hopes for the meatball sub. 


We also got a turkey and cranberry sandwich with slaw and other seasonal vegetables. For $10, I expect a bigger size because this is the kind of thing I could slap together for lunch at home, even with local produce.

It's too bad I have so many sub-par blog posts lately! Tomorrow begins my end-of-summer food crisis which means I'll be adventuring intensely to record more food adventures and they sound extremely promising according to Yelp. Despite the mediocre sandwiches, we had a lot of fun watching 'lacrosse parents' pick up their hyperactive children.


Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment