Monday, August 10, 2015

SEE THE LIGHT / pan am lights concert


The long awaited Lights concert post is finally here.




Since discovering her first single Drive my Soul and nourishing my minor obsession since grade seven, a free summer concert at the front row of The Queen was in order! For the Toronto Pan Am games, Lights was hosting free concerts and who am I to let a free Lights concert slip by. Luckily, I even had the day off from work. So with our grey snapbacks and button up shirts, Daniel and I proceeded to the Screaming Crowd of Hipsters at Exhibition Place in downtown Toronto.







Top: My Mom / Shorts: Banana Republic / Hat: Gap 

My entire outfit basically consisted of hand-me-downs from my mom. The shirt, shorts, and bag were all hers. I'm lucky it's all back in fashion now. 


One day I will have nice skin like Daniel. 

Usually, I'm very diligent with my photo records for things like this,  but this time I decided to go with a video blog style. To see all the food we ate at Local Public Eatery check out the video and don't forget to full screen it! The video player is quite small over here.  





Part two is where The Queen makes her appearance. Making these videos of my adventures has been a refreshing creative outlet for me this summer. It's just a matter of finding the right music sometimes. If you have anything I could listen to, I would love it if you could send it over.

Anyway, here's The Queen, Lights.






The first time I saw her in concert was 2011 and since then, there has been marriage, child birth and a whole new album. Her voice is strogner than ever and that night she sang a lot of throwback Lights songs with more power than I've ever heard. After The Listening (her electro-pop album) she released Siberia to be an album that's better to perform live. From there, Little Machines was born as a perfect medium with the two, but now that she's vocally stronger, anything she sings is amazing. 






Thank you Lights from lighting up my life and letting me use so many shitty puns all the time. Also for bringing Daniel and I closer with our love for crowds of screaming hipsters. And especially for hyping this guy so hard that he took his shirt off in the middle of Up We Go. 



Thanks for reading!













No comments:

Post a Comment