Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Eating Raw on Lakeshore Raw Aura, Mississauga ]

Today I recount my first experience at a raw and vegan restaurant. Considering its popularity and quality, I was surprised I did not have to travel far to access it. Something as notably niche and "trendy" as this would easily be envisioned to exist within a little market area littered with art galleries and fair trade coffee shops and not a block away from Pizza Pizza and right along the busiest lake-front street in modest Mississauga. 









The lovely interior full of earthy tones and textures.


Here's my order of the raw pad thai that consisted of zucchini noodles, shredded carrot, rice noodles (soaked) and toasted almonds. I felt this dish was a bit on the sour/acidic side and didn't balance out the way I was expecting it to. Besides that, it was very fresh and quite filling! 



We ordered a beetroot ravioli dish with kale chips and a creamy cashew ricotta with red pepper marinara sauce. I could have gone with a touch more salt to enhance the flavor. 


Overall, I'm impressed with the quality of food for the standard restaurant-meal price. For the same price of a plate of chicken fingers and fries somewhere else, Raw Aura provides large portions of super healthy food, but there's a certain acidity that some people might not be used to. And for those people, there is always dessert. 


The cheesecake of the day was a blueberry cheesecake with a thin crust.


I also ordered a zucchini noodle spaghetti with sun dried tomato sausage and almost parmesean. Also on the acidic side, but it's an acquired taste for consuming raw foods. If any of my friends are feeling particularly adventurous, I'm not opposed to visiting again.

Raw Aura is located on 94 Lakeshore Rd. East



Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. This is close to where I live! I've always passed by this and it looks interesting - might give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plus you will love the decor and natural lighting. Perfect for pretty blog photos~

      Delete