Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Chocolate chip cookies + Pistachios

Cookies are great to make because you can make a whole bunch in one sitting and enjoy them throughout the week. And these cookies were especially great because it's really simple, but are so delicious. Seriously; they taste and smell like roasted marshmallow cookies. I'm making them again as soon as I can. 


I had pistachios leftover from my chocolate pistachio biscotti so I substituted the macadamia nuts in the recipe for pistachios. I really liked the colour is gave too.




Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Covered Katie

  • 2/3 cup plus 1/2 cup oat flour (140g) (You can blend rolled oats in a food processor)
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 4 tbsp coconut sugar (brown sugar or sucanat will also work)
  • 4 tbsp xylitol or evaporated cane juice (white sugar will also work)
  • 1/4 to 1/3 cup chopped chopped pistachios (or walnuts)
  • 3 tbsp to 1/2 cup chocolate chips (Throw in a big handful. I never bother to measure.)
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 2 tbsp vegetable or melted coconut oil
  • 3-5 tbsp milk of choice, as needed

Prepare oat flour and chop pistachios. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.


Stir to combine.

Measure wet ingredients and combine in a medium bowl. 


Pour wet into dry and stir to combine until all dry ingredients are moist.


Spoon by the table spoon onto parchment paper and bake for 7 MINUTES at 380F. 


Here's how mine looked after baking! I prefer crunchier cookies so I left them a minute or so longer.


Before and after baking. 













See you in tomorrow's post!

No comments:

Post a Comment