Monday, November 11, 2013

With Familiar Australians [ Peter's on Eglinton, Mississauga ]

Back in May/June, some family came by to visit, using our house as home base. During that time, I coloured a lot and taught my cousin Abi how to make paper owls. She's honestly too cute for words. She loves animals and pretending she's a cat. So we're pretty much the same person.


Colouring like a few badasses.




One night we took them to Peter's On Eglinton; an epic restaurant and deli perfect for MONSTROUS portions of really good food! Be prepared to eat about three meals worth of food in one sitting (only if you're a beast like I am). The restaurant stands alone, on Eglinton as the name suggests and exudes a very family-owned-and-operated-feel that one can appreciate. It's a very warm, comfortable atmosphere with a casual tone and food with a reasonable price.


Last time I saw my Australian family was January 2012, where we spent both Christmas and New Years with them. Christmas spent on the beach was one of the most intriguing experiences I've had to date and my cousin's wedding that I attended was a lot of fun. Australians know how to party. 

And on to the food!


I had the chicken parmigiana ($18.95) over fettuccine. I really wish I took a photo to compare it with the size of my hand because this was monstrous (monstrously delicious? definitely). It came with a side of steamed vegetables as you can see.  

I don't have much to comment on besides the ridiculous size. The chicken was well cooked with a lot of cheese. I recall the sauce was a bit watery, but the flavor was definitely compensated by the chicken. I really don't know how I finished it. I was the only one to finish my plate that night. (+10 exp)


My dad ordered the corned beef sandwich ($8.95) and......just look at it. This is also the meal that sparked his weird obsession with spicy mustard. As you can see, the meat to bread ration doesn't even make sense, but we packed up about half the meat to use in sandwiches at home the next day! Can you imagine this mountain of a sandwich was less than $10 too.

In the background (next to my cousin Zoe's head) is their fettuccine alfredo ($15.95). My cousin's wife used to work in the restaurant industry as a chef and she could confirm the sauce was definitely house made. 


Here's a photo of the pork souvlaki on a bun ($11.95). I found the meet a bit dry, but the tzsiziki sauce was really good. Each order comes with fries and coleslaw. 

By the end of the meal, we were all very happy, and even more so; full. The desserts here look really good, but I don't know who can even survive until then. I could imagine ordering take out from here and eating that meal over the course of a couple days. 

This restaurant is great if you want to take picky eaters out since they have a little of everything. Check out their website here and definitely check it out if you're ever in Mississauga. 

Thanks for reading! See you tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment