Monday, November 25, 2013

Supreme Softness: Chocolate Chip Cookies (Low Fat)


The softest cookies I've made at located in this post. It never hurts that they're low in fat as well. I found the recipe for an ice cream sandiwch recipe, but just skipped on the ice cream.




...Whenever I type 'recipe' I remember when I was volunteering during the summer where my friends and I would come up with as many puns as possible and saying "parmesean chipotle recipe" like "par-mee-zee-an chip-ottle re-sipe" was one we'd always laugh at. Recipe or recipe. (Reh-si-pee or re-sipe). Unfortunately, it's still funny. 


Low Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Covered Katie

  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 1 egg white
  • 2 tbsp apple sauce
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
  • 1 1/2 cups organic fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt (I used Stonyfield's)
  • 1/2 cup sprinkles

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°.  Line two cookie sheets with non-stick silicone baking liners such as Silpats (I highly recommend for best results) with cooking spray. 

In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt and stir to blend. In another bowl, whisk the sugars, egg white, applesauce and vanilla together until light and fluffy.
Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in two additions until the batter is very well blended. If the batter looks more “crumbly” than smooth, add just a drop of water at a time (ONLY if needed) until it smooths out.



Bottoms after baking / Tops after baking

I found that the thinner the batter, the more they'll spread. Also GREASE YOUR BAKING SHEETS. I made these with M&M's and I 1) forgot to grease my baking sheet and 2) made the batter too thin, so the M&M's were sticking out every which way and wouldn't stay together. They were definitely delicious though. Keep that in mind.


See you next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment