Wednesday, November 27, 2013

[ Scaddabush, Mississauga ]

During rainy weekends, is it not the best possible time to eat fresh Italian food? 

Scaddabush, Mississauga

Formally the location of Alive Fazooli's, Scaddabush opened a few months ago and serves fresh, house made Italian dishes by the nicest waiters and waitresses imaginable. Seriously, they're all super knowledgeable about the menu so it makes it fun to just chat with them. They're also very patient and check on us just enough without seeming over bearing.

On their pasta menu, they have the option for either whole wheat or white and even gluten free, free of charge! 



To start, we ordered Chairty Bread ($2) which is simply a garlic loaf, but the proceeds of this item all go towards charity. They serve it as fresh as can be out of the oven and you can either cut it apart or just pull it apart like the savages I know you are. 


My mother and I ordered the Baked Carbonara (small: $9.93). They serve both a small and large size at about three dollars difference. From what I saw at the other tables, the large was truly LARGE. 


Here's a shot of our table. Across you can see my dad ordered Classic Meatballs on a Bun ($14. 32). These are made fresh in house with fresh Italian bread to boot. I'm determined to try their sandwiches next time I visit. His order also came with a side salad. 

Take note on how cute and homey the table set up is! There's a paper in the middle where you can doodle with your friends while waiting for the order (of course I drew my rabbit) and every table has a little stack of dishes for sharing appetizers. I really enjoyed the whole ambiance of the restaurant; this would be a great place to bring friends for casual events. 


C'est fini! (I don't know any Italian). 

No comments:

Post a Comment