Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Travel Throwback: Québec City ( Brulerie de St-Jean )

Did you think I was kidding when I said we ate a lot in Québec City? I spent half our trip (one day) with one of the foodiest people I met, so obviously we had to have a grand ol time with trying new things. It just happened to work out that we were both dutiful chocoholics. There really isn't anything quite like saturday night chocolate cake.






This brularie in particular seems to be a renowned location for its coffee. There are many times I wish I was an avid coffee drinker just so I can try "good quality" coffee once in a while and care enough for the difference. Since neither of us were really coffee drinkers (plus it was almost 11 pm) we settled for a slice of chocolate cake and oh man; was that ever a slice of chocolate cake.

But before we get to that; the ambiance of this brularie was really nice. It had the indie coffee shop touch without being completely overrun by hipsters. It was a very relaxing atmosphere that was perfect to unwind. The shop has a second floor as well which was where we sat. I found the dark wood, brick walls, and accents of blood orange on black worked really well together to create a healthy fusion between traditional decor and modern. 


They would also feature art work of local Québec artists on the walls; most of them for sale.

I noticed that this might be a Québec thing (or I never noticed back home) but many coffee shops like to feature art of local artists. Not only in this case, but even a Second Cup we visited showcased a local's photography for sale as it also decorated the shop.

Okay okay; now is time for cake.


Amen.






1 comment:

  1. Oh mon dieu!!!!! I want another slice of that cake! That was by far the best thing I have ever eaten in my life!!!!!!! So glad we found that little place!

    ReplyDelete