Saturday, October 19, 2013

A sweet birthday.

This year, my birthday was a bit strangely dated since I wasn't going to be in town on the day of my actual birthday. Before I left for Quebec for July, I invited my friends over for food, The Game of Life, and various card games. Some of the things I prepared with my friend the day before include bean burgers, various appatizers, and definitely dessert.


Ways to go wrong with decorating with fresh flowers: 0

Those paintings on the wall are actually all painted by my dad! He took up painting many years ago as a hobby and it seriously blows my mind every time. He's a super talented guy.


I'm not going to lie because those cookies are those Pilsbury cookie dough cylinders because those are just too dang good to pass up. One year, a friend bought a tube of cookie dough for me for Christmas. Dang that was a good year.


Waste not, want not.

The brownies were made using the same recipe as my Baking for Bakesales post and were really good. Too bad most people were too full by the end of it to really enjoy them. I definitely enjoyed the leftovers the next day.

See you next post! 



No comments:

Post a Comment