Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Travel Throwback: Rivière du Loup, QC ( Mini-putt )

"Casse croute" roughly translate to fast food or snack bar, which is something Québec does not take lightly. There's something about calling a fast food establishment "casse croute" that suddenly makes it cooler. More Québec.

And when in Québec, are you truly in Québec until you've tried the poutine? Non


Bienvenue au Mini-putt!


On the first week or so in RDL, we decided to make the journey to Mini-putt; a bit far off from the residence, but it was fine. A little rebellion never hurt anyone too much. 

From the participants of the Explore program from the year before, it was common knowledge that Mini-putt was apparently the place to get poutine. They had a lot of variety of toppings which I wish I tried more of, but as the program went on we were always so tired that we never had the energy to make the trip again. 


Vraiment hardcore. 

Poutine apparently originated in Québec, but I found that I prefer the Ontario take on poutine. Québecois poutine is very good, and you can get a lot of it, but why is the cheese not melted? Cheese curds are really good, yes, but I definitely prefer gooey, stretchy cheese drenching my fries with the gravy. 

Nonetheless, that barely stopped me from eating it. 


Here you can see the "petit" on the left and the "extra-petit" on the right. Honestly ridiculous and equally delicious. Portion sizes are the bomb diggity at mini-putt. I could barely finish my petit without questioning the view on life several times. 

On the left is the classique with just cheese curds and gravy. My friend got hers with bacon and oh boy, do they ever give bacon.


Here's not the greatest photo of what I believe was the vegetarian also served with vegetarian gravy, I believe. 

(I believe a lot, I guess)


J'adore Mini-putt!



No comments:

Post a Comment