Sunday, October 6, 2013

Balls of pizza.

When two great things meet... pizza balls happen. (Yes, this should apply to all great things; happiness and cake- pizza balls. Puppies and sunshine- pizza balls. Pay check and discounted cute clothes- pizza. balls.)

This 2012 pizza ball adventure was courtesy of Mordern Mommyhood and my own creative license. Its a great recipe when you want to make something for bake sales that aren't the same god-damned chocolate chip cookie.

ingredients: (for some of the items I don’t give exact amounts since it will be up to you how much you’ll use)
3 cans Pillsbury Homestyle Biscuits (8 to a can)
16 oz block of cheese (I made the first batch with Monterey Jack but next time I will try Mozzarella)
50 slices of pepperoni
1 beaten egg
Kraft grated Parmesan cheese (you know, the kind in the green shaker bottle)
Shredded Parmesan cheese
Italian seasoning
Garlic powder
1 jar pizza sauce
Grease an 8x8 baking dish and set aside. Pre-heat your oven to 425 F or about 220 C
Chop up your ingredients! I went with a chunky dice for experiment's sake.

Over-stuff it because you're a champion. 

Wrap up the sides (props to my mom for making me wrap dumplings my whole childhood) and until you're out of dough. Then set them smooth side up on the baking dish.

Top with cheese and Italian seasoning and bake for about thirty minutes.


Huzzah! You are now the proud parent to some wicked-awesome pizza balls.

I definitely reccoment sharing them with friends. The sodium content in these is out of this world. Also this is a very flexible recipe so feel free to choose what fillings you like! Be mindful of certain vegetables with high water content. My pizza balls were fairly dry, so perhaps adding a touch of pizza sauce inside each one would make it better. If anything, these taste fantastic dipped in warm marinara after!  




No comments:

Post a Comment