Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Eating through CNE

Canadian National Exhibition is the annual carnival/festival/ full-out party that I attend with my brother. This was the first place we went together at night without my parents some years ago. I remember that year it was to see Lights in concert, but pre-show I remember totally blown away by The Food Building.






 + 2012 +

This was also the year CNE had a PETTING ZOO set up in the kids area! Needless to say, I spent such a long time there that my brother's stomach had began digesting itself by the time we reached the Food Building (being directionally challenged seems to run in the family).



We got this Mexican Poutine which is composed of french fries topped with ground beef, guac, sour cream, salsa, and jalapenos. Prooobably doesn't look as good as it was.


BACON NATION: Hotdog wrapped in bacon and topped with bacon strips and bacon bits. Ketchup, bbq sauce and hot sauce on the side. This is our definition of a good time (unfortunately).

+ 2013 +

A whole year later, our CNE party increased by one!

Our first goal was Tiny tom Donuts.... I've been craving them for upwards of a month before this. 


At Tiny tom's they always have this deal where you can buy three dozen and you'd get the fourth one free. I can't believe I even considered that we couldn't finish four dozen mini donuts. 

 

Mac & Cheesery was my other goal for CNE this year! They're at CNE pretty much every year and I love mac & cheese too much to skip out on this. It was as good as it could be for cheeseburger mac n cheese..... seriously too greasy (complete with a pool of oil at the bottom!), not all that much flavor, or anything fantastic. At least I know for next year!




My highlight was definitely the debut of Wildchild's Kitchen! This was their first food event and man, I wish I tried more things from this stall. All their menu items are vegetarian and vegan, and mostly gluten free. Most importantly, all menu items are also DELICIOUS, fresh and competatively priced! I love that they don't charge more than the average food stand for a healthier, organic option. 

We tried their ice pops which was wooonderful. I'm anticipating the day I eat more of their food. 


While CNE is heaps of fun every year, it's also one of the major signs summer is ending. The event only lasts for the last two weeks of August and ends on the first day of school, usually. Besides that, it is definitely the best way to end off the summer!


See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment