Saturday, October 12, 2013

UB hungry? [ Union Burger, Mississauga ]

Newly opened right in central Mississauga, this Union Burger has marked the beginning of the gourmet burger uprising of Canada's sixth largest city. After Toronto's apparent gourmet-burger epidemic (Burger Priest, Holy Chuck, Burgernator) I was hardly surprised when this little gem popped up.

Being one of the first gourmet burger chains in Sauga, I decided to give it a try with a friend of mine.

Here we go.


All the pricing and options were very typical, I felt. I ordered the peppercorn/goat cheese burger while my friend got the vegetarian. Had I known I wouldn't be able to customize my options, I would ahve gone with a classic cheeseburger (with all the works haha). We also ordered sweet potato fries (with chipotle mayo) and a drink to make a combo. At the time, they had a promotion where you would get a coupon for a free combo for the next burger you order.

The soda fountain was insane. You may have already seen it, but UB has the Coke machine that can dispense every Coke product in existence (Coca-Cola, not cocaine) and beyond. The machine could mix drinks to achieve strawberry-Sprite, lemonade-fruit punch, cranberry-iced tea and probably lots more. We settled with lemonade-fruit punch after much sampling.

I'll point the pun out for you; "ub thirsty?" = "you be thirsty?" I know. Me too.

A good sized burger.

We actually got a second helping of chipotle sauce. 

If you're ever around Square One and South Street Burger Company is just old news, give Union Burger a shot. I've had my fill of gourmet burgers so it'll be a while until I return. 

What's your stance on gourmet burgers? How many gourmet burger joints are too many, and are they really worth the money?


No comments:

Post a Comment