Monday, October 28, 2013

Travel Throwback: Québec City ( Point d'Exclamation )

Amongst all the eating we did in Quebec City, sometimes you need to take a break to immerse yourself into the cutest, pastel-est boutiques you've ever seen. If soft pink, mint green, baby blue, and all things cute are your kind of scene, Point d'Exclamation is definitely for you.





For starters, how do you not enter a shop with an adorable dress covered in cakes right outside of it?

Point d'Exclamation covers all things cute including clothing, jewelry, soap, bags, pendents, keychains, bows, aprons, pillows, and much more. Québec seriously knows how to have cute, pastel shops that just ooze perfection. The store features many local, Québecois artists and many of the items in store are hand made in Québec as well. And for such charm in each item, the price on certain things aren't very steep like I fin they are in Toronto. (Maybe I was just in a very generous mood induced by all the pastel). 


Here's a shelf of various wrapped soaps, candles and bath oils. All very nicely packaged for about $5 to $8.

I could not get over how cute these weird moustache dolls were.

How is this soap. I will never understand. 

And now my ultimate weakness.....

Cute, pastel bath bombs shaped like desserts and/or other various cute things. I bought a small cupcake key lime bath bomb and a strawberry macaron bath bomb. I'm pretty sure the small one was $2 and the larger one was $3. These are so darn cute I wish I bought more! (Lush bath bombs are so dang expensive)

Here's an overview of the store! The space is somewhat small, but they're very efficient with the usage of their space. The shelf to the very left of the photo holds all their locally made/designed jewelry while the middle of the store is rampant with adorable clothes. The section to the right of the couch is where all the bath things are found and the glass case the mirror is atop contains more jewelry. Also, alongside the wall behind the glass case they also say a huge variety of hair bows and hats.  

When I die, just bury me in a cute shop. 

Like them on Facebook!
Or visit their website for more on all the cuteness.

2 comments: